Approx. 90 minutes eLearning.
There are no prerequisites for this course. This course is open to anybody interested in learning about BIM and what is stands for.
BIM means different things to different
people and this lesson introduces the different meanings of the acronym BIM and
the concept of the information model. The Course is composed of 4 number Lesson as follows:
Lesson 1. BIM,BIM, & BIM.
This lesson introduces the concept and the different meanings of the acronym BIM and the concept of the information model;
Lesson 2. BIM Acronyms and Terminology.
This lesson identifies the key acronym and terminology that have developed around Building information modelling;
Lesson 3. BIM Dimensions.
This Lesson introduces the key BIM Dimensions and their meanings; and
Lesson 4. The BIM Problem
This lesson introduces highlights the issues relating to deliverables and process in determining a BIM workflow.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Outline the difference between BIM, BIM, & BIM
- Define what constitutes an information model
- Recognize and define the key BIM terminology
- Identify the industry adopted BIM dimensions;
- Identify the difference between the process and deliverable requirements; and
- Recognize the need for deliverables to identify the process from which they were developed.