Approx. 90 minutes eLearning.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course explains the development from the UK BIM Level 2 mandate to the International Standard for Information Management, IS0 19650. The Course is composed of 4 number Lesson which reflect the development of the UK BIM Level 2 proposals into the ISO 19650 series.
Lesson 1 UK BIM Level 2
This lesson explains the principles of the UK BIM Level 2 development from the HMG Mandate till the launch of ISO 19650
Lesson 2 BIM According to ISO and CEN
This lesson identifies the International and European Standards that have developed around Building information modelling.
Lesson 3 UK BIM Framework
This lesson explains how the UK BIM Framework has developed and the implications for UK Construction.
Lesson 4 Measuring BIM Maturity
This lesson introduces further terminology in the form of the ‘BIM maturity levels’ and the multiple definitions available for use.
- Identify the UK BIM Level 2 British Standards.
- Recognize the core documents and deliverables required for BIM Level 2.
- Outline the areas of BIM Standardization being undertaken by ISO and CEN
- Identify the suite of Standards, and guidance which makes up the UK BIM Framework.
- Outline the need for BIM maturity levels
- Recognize the differing BIM maturity models developed globally.